Wednesday, September 8, 2010

LISTEN TO YOUR EYES/ Frida Kahlo




3612 Roosevelt Road, Kenosha, WI 53142



Who is Frida?
An artist who lived in Mexico in the first half of the 20th century. Throughout her lifetime, Frida painted hundreds of self-portraits, usually given as gifts to friends and family.

Why does she inspire us?
"The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration."

Frida painted the way others write in a diary. Time after time, she laid her soul bare, giving the world a raw look at her inner workings. We love her because she followed her impulse to put a brush to the canvas and paint her own image for reasons she couldn't even articulate. We love her because she gave us thought-provoking and beautiful pictures that never lose their magic. We love Frida because she was honest.


View her art:
Frida: VIVA LA VIDA

No comments:

Post a Comment